Last December my wife bought a stationary, exercise bike from a sports store XXXX. It cost $430 and she bought it for me to use because my leg muscles had atrophied as a result of a lengthy stay in hospital and I was too weak to walk.
By April the bike was not working properly and by July it had ceased to be of any use at all.
I phoned the store and a technician came out with a replacement electrical component but it failed to correct the fault. In August the technician took the bike back to the store and told me that he would ring when another part arrived from the States.
He rang on November 21st to inform me that they were unable to get the faulty part, as it was no longer made. They were willing however to sell me another bike at cost price.
Surely I should either have my money refunded or be given a replacement.
I did not start to use the bike until February and then only lightly – ten minutes a day. It lasted two months before it started to deteriorate and within five months it was irreparably damaged.
Do we have any kind of consumer protection law here? I feel totally cheated. The store has lost nothing (except my future custom) and I have had to bear the whole brunt of the financial loss.
Any advice please?
- Condo for rent
- George Town Landfill to close early
- Grand Court Juror Report Date Changed
- Government Schools Begin Registration
- Church Street Closed to All Vehicular Traffic
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Yes, we are the noisy
7 min 57 sec ago
- Your mind is so warp, what
9 min 34 sec ago
- Anon 1055 I take this as an
10 min 23 sec ago
- You still trying bull shit
14 min 17 sec ago
- It is no coincidence that the
15 min 22 sec ago
- I feel a warm wind of change
24 min 49 sec ago
- Someone who did not know
27 min 22 sec ago
- The New Government we VOTE
28 min 51 sec ago
- Well apparently Chewbacca
32 min 49 sec ago
- PHD is not a very high degree
34 min 29 sec ago