Why Kill Small Business, unless of course you want to take over the Country ?
The easiest way to take over our government is to kill small business. Just as without our ecosystem system, life on earth would not have survived the evolutionary process without balance. However, extinction is still occurring every day. One species depends on another for survival. It does not matter the size of the plant, organism, or even businesses, they are all important and they play a very important role in the survival of each other. It is up to us, the people of Cayman, to do everything in our power to protect our ecosystem of small businesses in order to maintain the balance of power within our country or lose it to our government being controlled by BIG BUSINESS.
Some of the ways I suggest we repair and rebuild our small business are
- Provide licensed small business with an import duty of 10% on all items imported for retail. (What this can do)
Life in Cayman has changed, most of us now shop and compares prices via the internet, if prices locally are not competitive we will go to Miami or import. The sad facts are that most things from small business are not competitive. Unless we need it now we will wait to get it on our next trip off island, have a friend bring it in or order it from the internet. Small business has a very hard time competing when it has to pay for licensing fees, rent, overhead, employees, pensions, permits, inventory, advertizing, shrinkage, bad
checks, credit card fees, insurance, etc., the list goes on…. And after paying all these things they are still bring in their items at about the same price a consumer would if they were buying from the internet, but remember “That Consumer Doesn’t have a business or overhead to pay.
Let’s help everyone and make it easier to buy locally at competitive prices, keep more money in Cayman, and grow small businesses. These businesses will be the first ones to hire our children, sponsor the little league teams, and provide the voices that government needs to hear.
- Provide our young first time entrepreneurs 1 or 2 year discount fee’s
Let’s provide that first time new small business (with 3 people or less) 75% off all government fee’s for up to two year or they exceed their first time entrepreneurs agreement at which time they would be on the same fee’s as everyone else.
Our children are our greatest asset and we need to grow and support those assets now.
- Make it mandatory that ALL Non-Caymanians have health insurance.
Do you know that anyone can apply for a 90-day work permit without medical clearance or insurance? It should be mandatory that ALL WORK PERMIT APPLACANTS must show proof or insurance. Why are we taking the risk and liability for uninsured non-Caymanian?
Please provide your input and I'll add three more suggestions to Support Cayman.
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
- Stainless Steel Electric Stove & Electric Water Heater for SALE
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- 21:15: Rubbish!! CEO of
5 hours 5 min ago
- Well according to her bio she
5 hours 6 min ago
- Conyers Dill & Pearman's
5 hours 9 min ago
- I'd rather a by election than
5 hours 12 min ago
- With an address in the US
5 hours 22 min ago
- So I see they have taken all
5 hours 26 min ago
- Any insurance or necessity
5 hours 28 min ago
- What a fantastic reply. Thank
5 hours 34 min ago
- What we CAN tell you is that
5 hours 35 min ago
- I bet this is one occasion
5 hours 36 min ago