Repatriated Cuban returns to Cayman
(CNS): One of several Cuban refugees that elected to remain in Cayman, who now faces an enforced return home, had been repatriated once already this year. Nevertheless, he and four other Cubans have decided to remain after their boat first passed through Cayman Brac on Wednesday and then later reached East End on Thursday night. Officials said that two people from a vessel carrying 30 Cuban migrants chose to remain on the Sister Island before the boat continued its journey. When it arrived in East End, the crew of the boat had initially intended only to carry out repairs but a decision was eventually taken by three passengers to remain here while the remaining 25 stayed aboard.
The vessel has now left Cayman waters and immigration officials are dealing with the five new refugees. They confirmed that one of them had been previously repatriated in April.
Government has notified all the relevant agencies that will be assisting with the care and security of the new migrants, who, added to those already here, brings the total number of Cubans currently in Grand Cayman to 30.
- WTS: BB Q10...BB Z10 & Samsung Galaxy S4 BBM Chat: 23A0C377
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Ozzie, I woted for you and if
8 hours 46 sec ago
- Would Mr Hampson, let alone
8 hours 6 min ago
- Please provide names and
8 hours 6 min ago
- You hit the nail on the head!
8 hours 7 min ago
- Do you thing she will look
8 hours 8 min ago
- Take what?
8 hours 10 min ago
- True enough, but also s.14(4)
8 hours 19 min ago
8 hours 25 min ago
- Most of the things you
8 hours 26 min ago
- Don't understand your
8 hours 29 min ago