Unscheduled maintenance grounds CAL twin otters
(CNS): The two DeHavilland Twin Otter aircraft used by Cayman Airways Express for its Sister Islands routes will be out of service due to "unscheduled maintenance requirements” until the 6 September, the airline has announced. Officials from Cayman Airways (CAL) did not say what the issues were with both aircraft but apologized to passengers and said it took "pride in upholding the highest standards of safety and security” and was committed to “compliance with all regulatory requirements". The airline said that as a result of the “unanticipated situation” it would reveal the temporary changes to the service between Grand Cayman and the Sister Islands once it was finalized.
The airline said the stop-gap service would involve a combination of Cayman Airways B737-300’s and leased-in equipment from other CAA-approved operators.
“This modified flight schedule will be published as soon as it is confirmed,” officials said in a release. “Cayman Airways Express passengers booked on the affected flights are currently being notified of schedule changes.”
Further information and updates will be available on www.caymanairways.com and by calling Cayman Airways Reservations and Information Center on 345 949-2311.
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
- Samsung Galaxy S4 19500 16GB Unlocked
- **Botanical Slimming MSV - Strong Version***
- South Side Beach House for Sale
- 3.05 acres of Bluff land
- Large Spot Bay beach lot
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- There need to be good prison
4 hours 19 min ago
- Mckeeva fixed 'em all good!
4 hours 25 min ago
- Wow , Look at the Social
4 hours 32 min ago
- No joke, it's the truth, not
4 hours 33 min ago
- Lets no forget the eventual
4 hours 47 min ago
- Except as a direct result of
4 hours 53 min ago
- GO PPM!
5 hours 6 min ago
- Based on recent articles even
5 hours 12 min ago
- 16:11, I read the report and
5 hours 19 min ago
- Sorry 16:10, I read this
6 hours 32 min ago