Stamps celebrate Cayman’s Olympians
(CNS): A set of new stamps went on sale at Cayman’s post office on Thursday depicting the country’s five Olympic athletes and swimmers who have attended the 2012 games in London. Cydonie Mothersill, who will be competing in 200m, is represented on the 25¢ and Ronald Forbes, who competes in the 110m hurdles, is depicted on the 50¢. The 80¢ shows Kemar Hyman, the 100m competitor. Shaune Fraser, who competed in the 100m and 200m freestyle is shown on the 75¢ and his brother Brett Fraser, who swam the 200m, 100m and 50m freestyle events, is depicted on the $1.60 stamp.
Since fielding an Olympic team in 1976, this is the first time that all five Cayman Islands athletes have qualified at the A standard for the Olympics. It is also the first time that three athletes will compete in track and field events for these islands. Cydonie is competing in the Olympics for the fifth time, making her the Cayman Islands' most enduring athlete at the Olympic level.
Mothersill, Forbes and the Fraser brothers are veterans at the Games, but this is a first for Kemar Hyman.
The stamps went on Thursday, 2 August and First Day Covers will be available for sale in a couple a weeks. For more information, please contact the Philatelic Bureau at 946-4757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Town Landfill to close early
- Grand Court Juror Report Date Changed
- Government Schools Begin Registration
- Church Street Closed to All Vehicular Traffic
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
- Samsung Galaxy S4 19500 16GB Unlocked
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- After voting they will
5 hours 38 min ago
- Yes, but then the PPM scare
5 hours 55 min ago
- Don't allow yourselves to be
6 hours ago
- Like to generalize much?
6 hours 1 min ago
- It is the evening of the
6 hours 44 min ago
- Kent I agree with your
6 hours 54 min ago
- Good luck Cayman - we'll be
6 hours 56 min ago
- And now for the most
7 hours 19 min ago
- So if this true then why is
7 hours 20 min ago
- What is done in the dark
7 hours 21 min ago