Foreign spouses need to renew certificates
(CNS): Foreign nationals holding Residency and Employment Rights Certificates (RERC) issued to them as spouses of Caymanians in April 2005 need to renew their expired certificates, officials from the immigration department said this week. In order to maintain the right to work and other privileges granted by the RERC holders need to make representations to the department as once a certificate expires so do all of the rights associated with it. RERCs are issued under Section 30 of the Immigration Law and are valid for seven years but they are renewable at the discretion of the Caymanian Status and Permanent Residency Board.
Spouses of Caymanians who were issued RERCs are urged to check the Issue date of their certificates to ascertain the expiration date. Affected persons should make immediate arrangements to submit renewal applications, or seek legal counsel or an immigration consultant to determine how to regularize their immigration status.
Officials warned that people not complying with the law may not be able to work and they could face implications to travel plans for everyone concerned – including dependents. Holders of RERCs which have not yet expired, and who have submitted applications for consideration, may continue to work until such time as the Board’s decisions have been made.
Applicants, as well as spouses or employers of such persons, may contact the Department of Immigration (949 8344) for additional information.
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
- Samsung Galaxy S4 19500 16GB Unlocked
- **Botanical Slimming MSV - Strong Version***
- South Side Beach House for Sale
- 3.05 acres of Bluff land
- Large Spot Bay beach lot
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- There need to be good prison
6 hours 24 min ago
- Mckeeva fixed 'em all good!
6 hours 30 min ago
- Wow , Look at the Social
6 hours 37 min ago
- No joke, it's the truth, not
6 hours 38 min ago
- Lets no forget the eventual
6 hours 52 min ago
- Except as a direct result of
6 hours 58 min ago
- GO PPM!
7 hours 11 min ago
- Based on recent articles even
7 hours 16 min ago
- 16:11, I read the report and
7 hours 24 min ago
- Sorry 16:10, I read this
8 hours 37 min ago