Woman stabbed for groceries
(CNS): A 24-year-old woman was repeatedly stabbed by an armed man for her grocery shopping during a street mugging in George Town on Wednesday evening. The woman, who was taken to George Town hospital for treatment, received lacerations to her stomach, leg and left hand. Police said that the knife attack occurred at around 5:45pm as the woman walked from Courts Road to the rear of Lakeside Apartments on Esterley Tibbets Highway. The victim was approached by the suspect, who was armed with a knife and described as around 6 feet tall, slim build, light brown skin with low cut hair.
The man was wearing blue shorts and a white short-sleeved t-shirt. He spoke with a Caymanian accent.
After the attack on the woman, the man ran off with the victim’s groceries, and although police searched the area, the perpetrator was not found, an RCIPS spokesperson stated.
Anyone who has any information about the crime or the suspect should contact DS Teekel Cowans at George Town Police Station CID on 949-4222, the RCIPS tip-line on 949-7777, or Crime Stoppers 800-8477 (TIPS).
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
- Samsung Galaxy S4 19500 16GB Unlocked
- **Botanical Slimming MSV - Strong Version***
- South Side Beach House for Sale
- 3.05 acres of Bluff land
- Large Spot Bay beach lot
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- There need to be good prison
5 hours 22 min ago
- Mckeeva fixed 'em all good!
5 hours 27 min ago
- Wow , Look at the Social
5 hours 34 min ago
- No joke, it's the truth, not
5 hours 36 min ago
- Lets no forget the eventual
5 hours 49 min ago
- Except as a direct result of
5 hours 56 min ago
- GO PPM!
6 hours 9 min ago
- Based on recent articles even
6 hours 14 min ago
- 16:11, I read the report and
6 hours 21 min ago
- Sorry 16:10, I read this
7 hours 34 min ago