CNB suspect netted in Jam
(CNS): The RCIPS is seeking the extradition of a Jamaican national from Jamaica after his arrest by police there in connection with the robbery at the Buckingham Square branch of Cayman National Bank on 28 June this year. Four other men have already been charged in Cayman in connection with the daylight heist, in which the robbers stole more than half a million dollars. Three of the men are set to stand trial next year and a fourth man has yet to have his trial set as he will be facing separate charges. According to the Jamaican press, the 36-year old man arrested there is Ryan Edwards, of Seaforth in St Thomas.
RJR News reports that when police in Jamaica arrested Edwards some US$5000 and CI$35,000 was found in the car he was driving. The police were able to match the notes to those stolen during the CNB robbery and discovered that Edwards, who is believed to have left Cayman by boat, was wanted by the RCIPS.
The man is currently in Jamaican police custody awaiting extradition.
- WTS: BB Q10...BB Z10 & Samsung Galaxy S4 BBM Chat: 23A0C377
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Ozzie, I woted for you and if
4 hours 34 min ago
- Would Mr Hampson, let alone
4 hours 40 min ago
- Please provide names and
4 hours 40 min ago
- You hit the nail on the head!
4 hours 41 min ago
- Do you thing she will look
4 hours 42 min ago
- Take what?
4 hours 43 min ago
- True enough, but also s.14(4)
4 hours 53 min ago
4 hours 59 min ago
- Most of the things you
5 hours 51 sec ago
- Don't understand your
5 hours 3 min ago